Create a New Gmail Account: There are many emailing services in the world. Every other day there is a portal in which you can make your email account and use their communication services. Above all the existing portals, the most used emailing service is Gmail. This is most popular and efficient portal for communication. Gmail provides other perks as well.
A single account opens a huge world of entertainment and utility over the net. Starting from the YouTube to Google’s personal networking site everything can be accessed by a single account.
Create a New Gmail Account at www.Gmail.com
How can we get this account? We just have to follow some simple steps. Let’s see how to proceed for it.
- The foremost step is clicking on the browser you use. It is preferable to use Google Chrome. This is fast browser plus related to Google.
- We need to type in the web address gmail.com. This will open the page where it will ask to log in.
- Since we are first time user, we need to “Create account” instead. This redirects us so that we can proceed for making the account.
- For the account Gmail asks our personal information. This information is mandatory to enter. But be relaxed, the information will not go out from the site. Google protects our personal data.
- The next page that pops up is the place where we need to fill up for our personal information. This includes very minor details of your life. All they ask is your first name, last name, date of birth and gender. Date of birth is required because there is certain age limit to join Gmail.
- We also need to determine the country from where you are using this account. If it’s India, select India from the drop down list.
- The most crucial input in this process is choosing username. This username becomes our email ID for future use. It will have the suffix @gmail.com. We can opt for our own desired username. But many a times the username you want is already taken by somebody else and Gmail does not allow duplicate IDs.
In that case, Gmail suggest some of the closest usernames to your desired. Pick carefully the username. Pick something easy which you can remember easily.
- The most sensitive part of creating an account is setting up password. The password will act as your identity to Gmail. If we fail to enter the right password, Gmail will not allow access to our account.
The password should be set very smartly. It should not be that easy that anybody can guess and it should not be that complex that even we need time to remember. The safest format for the password is combination of upper case, lower case and special characters. The password indicating “Strong” is the best.
- In the same page we are required to fill up Captcha. This captcha is necessary for going further in singing up. Captcha is basically the letters or numbers that are shown in the image. We are required to type the exact of it. Always remember, Captcha is case sensitive. If the image has upper case we need to use upper case or else verification will not be possible.
- Along with other personal information, Gmail asks for your phone number. This number is required to send the verification code to our mobiles. If Gmail has our mobile number, it will alert us if anybody tries to access your account from any unknown source. Gmail sends text stating the same. Consider the mobile number as the extra layer of security.
- For proceeding further, we need to click on “Next Step”.
- If we have entered the mobile number, it will ask in which way we want to verify. There are 2 ways of verification, text message or voice call. Select the appropriate option and click ok. The verification code will be sent via SMS in case of text message and a voice call will come to you and say the code in case of calls. Enter the verification code.
- Once we are done with verification, our Gmail is ready to be used for emailing.
- We can compose mail by clicking on the red “Compose” button. A body will appear at the right corner of the screen. We can write our mails there.
- Along with mails, Gmail also allows us to send media. It can be of any form, document video or picture. The only limitation is that Gmail allows only 25 MB to send.
- Above 25MB we can share data via Google Drive. We do not need to create separate account for Google Drive. Our newly made Gmail account is sufficient for it. We can upload our data or download from Google Drive. It acts as a bank for our data. All the backups we take get synced here.
- The most interesting feature of Google is their own social networking site, Google+. As soon as we make the Gmail account, we are log in Google+ as well. It is very similar to Facebook. We can share photos, moments or whatever we desire here.
- Even YouTube is synced with Gmail. No other account will be required for it.
- If we are logging in with Google Chrome, our account will be visible at the top right end of the screen.
- Gmail does not have automatic log out. So we need to remember to log out everytime we use our account.
Gmail opens up a world of next generation. It gives a feel that we are the controller of all the places. On top of that, getting an account is so easy that everybody prefers Gmail now a day.